Figures Esper Introduction

This blog is specially created for anime figure collectors who like to Eat, Sleep, Play, an ESPer just like us. You can find reviews of figures and some items we have on hand that you may want to have.



Sunday 31 July 2011

Review: Kotobukiya Sennin Narika Shihoudou

Next for review is the Kotobukiya Sennin Narika from Beat Blades Haruka. I don't know why, but I bought this without a second look. I mean normally I would take a considerable long time to make up my mind whether do I want this or not. But it seems like for Narika, that wasn't the case.
All the strawberry pink hair makes her so delicious. She has that look of your average anime girl from middle school, only that she's wearing a cool modern ninja outfit with the cross arm pose. Her outfit's in the red and black theme compared to the Alter version of red and white.
Here you can see her hair ribbons also in the red and black, hiding due to the thickness of her hair. What amazed me is the details of the back of her head with her hair being tied to the sides. The hair lines are very well made.
They even add shadings of her back while she's making that arm pose. I really like the big ribbon at her lower back, looks so puffy like a cushion.
Her great detailed suit with the fantastic shading of her red parts. It has that leather texture. The way she places her fingers look so natural.
The strapes on her baggy pants needs more work, the painting looks rough.
Her golden belt has great fine details. The color goes well with her black suit.
There're two tail cloths swinging around her. Probably just a ninja fashion, Mai Shiranui has them too.
I have a hard time convincing myself that this is the highlight of Narika. I do not have much comments here, so I'll just let the picture do the talking.
Her footwear looks great. I always find it a plus point for a figure to have fancy high boots.
Another one leg up pose. There're also two gold buckles at her back.
The shuriken base to match this ninja. I kinda of worry that she'll fall off the base or her weight's gonna throw her off sideways, but as I look under the base, she's screwed on. The handle at the middle of the base shows this shuriken is her weapon.
Another highly detailed and color rich figure. Perhaps I'll get Haruka someday and place them side by side, either that or just let her be with someone who has the Haruka.

1 comment:

  1. heya nice site ;)
    Thanks for sharing the link with me after our chat at woodlands today XD

    Narika's design is really good~ but i like ALTER's version more ;) Kotobukiya's one is still great however and is pretty affordable!

    ReplyDelete