Figures Esper Introduction

This blog is specially created for anime figure collectors who like to Eat, Sleep, Play, an ESPer just like us. You can find reviews of figures and some items we have on hand that you may want to have.



Sunday 9 October 2011

Review: Alter Clalaclan Phirias Armor Version

She beats my every expectations. The fancy big box, the awesome details, the color scheme and definitely how much she weighs. The intention to buy her was never in my mind until Houmei arrived at my door and I thought why not get Clalaclan too. When I got my hands on her, she's jaw-dropping.
Her armor, gauntlets and boots are all glossy-finished, giving a visual difference between the armor and her underclothes.
The embroidered rose at her chest and hands area is simply amazing. Here you can see she's with her normal hand which can be changeable to one holding the shield. The non-armored portions are covered with a smooth blue and white color combination with extra terrific shadings.
Even her back looks great. Her hair's large and thick tied up with a blue ribbon at the end, something most figures don't have.
The legendary gigantic ruffles. There are so many layers of ruffles that the whole dress typically weighed more than the figure itself. I have seen ruffles but never one so bulky and detailed that it somehow looks like the real thing.
She holds a big cross as her weapon on one hand and a huge shield on the other. The gauntlets are beautiful and the hilt of her cross is very well sculpted.
I can imagine the pain if someone gets hit by this.
Here comes the shield. Superb masterpiece. They really take the effort to make every texture show.
The leather straps behind the shield.
Her boots go up all the way till her knees and moving up are her stockings held up by garters. Underneath she's wearing a white pinkish pantsu, which you don't get to see. Too bad, go ahead and imagine it yourself.
The boots are fantastic with all the small wings attached. Seriously speaking I have never seen any figure with that much details on their footwear.
A big white round base with her name on it. The logo looks cool as well. The only thing I'm afraid is the weight of the figure is too much to bear for the base. Even a simple touch could send her wobbling. I certainly didn't want to move her too much that she'll suddenly break and come falling down.
Overall she gave me quite a surprise. I didn't expect Clalaclan to hold so much details and textures. It's like I found a treasure unknowingly and she is not that expensive at all. Buying on impulse does great things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment