Figures Esper Introduction

This blog is specially created for anime figure collectors who like to Eat, Sleep, Play, an ESPer just like us. You can find reviews of figures and some items we have on hand that you may want to have.



Saturday 15 October 2011

Review: Alter Houmei

Alter Houmei is massive. I felt in love with her the first sight I saw her, but held back a few times due to the pricey tag. Alas, impulse took over me and render my wallet dry. Traditional garments, white hair, translucent base and dynamic pose. She's a dream come true. She took me some time to assemble but I managed that somehow. Have to be forceful and rough during the process, but that's no way to treat a lady. Luckily there was no paint scratch.
I thought her crown was fixed on to her head at first. While moving the figure around to take these pictures, the crown seems to shift a little, then I realised it's magnetic. Cool. Underneath her kimono is a cheongsam with fantastic decals on them but I'm gonna leave them on, my nose can't take it.
Awesome sash. The same design as her cheongsam.
The pink robe is slightly translucent with a pearl finish. That's the part which took me the most time to put it on. It goes under her arms, clipped together with the other end to her back. Almost looking like Chang 'e here.
Her hair bands are of the same color as her base, which looks interesting. Her kimono slips right at the corner of her shoulders. Look at the details on her sleeves. The cranes look fantastic.
A great pose there. Her legs extending out, coiled around by the water, almost tempting me to lick them. Don't be silly, what's so great about licking a PVC.
I didn't notice the gold trimmings earlier at the end of her sleeves. The shades and detail are extremely amazing.
The lower half of her kimono is a huge clam-shaped dress. It's a hard plastic which goes around her waist and beware of it, you might scratch the gold paint on her cheongsam. First cranes, now peacock. It's so beautiful.
She's not wearing any footwears. Well, she's floating on water, so I guess she doesn't need those anyway. First time that I'm skipping the footwear portion in a review.
She doesn't have any pins to hold her onto the base. Just a groove with her butt shape to sit her tight. Actually I'm quite glad they didn't, otherwise there'll be some holes on her round peach butt.
The fan she's holding actually isn't really held up by her hand, the base plays a part in supporting it too. The details of the talisman looks great. Reminds me of Zhuge Liang.
The base is great. It's so dynamic and lively. First time I'm seeing a base which isn't in a plate form and it sure looks good.
Overall, Houmei's the best figure I got this year. Hurry up and get yours, you'll regret it if you miss her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment